9.08.2012

Tomatoes...

My tomatoes have had a rough go of it this year. I lost all the plants in the backyard to late blight. The plants at my other garden produced fairly well but are now loosing the battle to late blight as well. I should be happy that I got any tomatoes at all this year. I have about a bushel of tomatoes that I need to process but just can't find the motivation to do it. I have only canned about 400 jars this year as opposed to the 800 that I put away last year. Despite the smaller number I just feel less motivated. I know food prices are going to spike which means I should be putting away everything I can. I am resolving that tomorrow I will spend the day preserving my bounty no matter how little I want to because I know we will be glad to have the food in the coming months.