8.28.2012

Old habits...

 The other day I spent some time chatting with some people I used to work with. When we worked together we always seemed to find something to talk about such as shopping for silver chains, new purses, and shoes. When I was working it seemed like I was always shopping. I had none of the hobbies I now have to fill my free time and shopping seemed like a good way to spend time. In the six years since I left my previous occupation my habits have dramatically shifted. I rarely have free time that isn't filled with some activity in my garden or kitchen and I hardly go shopping. In the course of our visit I realize that we have next to nothing in common any more and the visit left me feeling awkward and sad. I actually feel bad for my former colleagues when I realized that all they seem to do is go shopping or out to eat. I would rather work in my garden or in the kitchen than spend hours at the mall.