8.31.2011

Once again I am canning...

I love canning. Really I do. It is just that after the 500th jar I start to loose a bit of my enthusiasm. As I type I am cooking down tomatoes in order can what will hopefully be my last batch of sauce. The rest of the tomatoes will either get dehydrated or turned into pizza sauce. Earlier this evening we picked 18 pounds of green beans which will also hopefully finish up my green bean canning for this year. It ended up being a decent year despite the weather. I really felt the garden could have produced more but in hindsight it did as well as I could have hoped for given the rainy start that was followed by a drought. Next year we hope to put in a large garden at my parent's house that will give us more room to spread things out and expand our crop line.