8.30.2011

Gift shopping...

Tomorrow night we are going to go shopping for a wedding gift for my brother. Normally buying a wedding gift would be no big deal but this time is going to be different. My brother has been single for a very long time and is in his middle 40's. If there were something he thought he needed for his home or life he would have already bought it by now. His bride did create a small registry at a local store but it isn't very detailed. I really think she took the symbol barcode scanner and went down one side of the kitchen isle and nowhere else in the store. She doesn't cook and has made it very clear that she is not intending to learn. Having been married before I would think she would be able to cook a couple things but she swears she can't cook. It seems like buying them any kitchen gear would be a waste of money given that neither of them cook. I am quite positive that they will be eating takeout for every meal or cereal. Maybe I should just buy them a couple of cases of cereal and some disposable bowls because she also doesn't intend to be homemaker. I am not really sure what she is going to do because she quit her job a few months ago and my brother says that she will not be working. It should prove to be interesting to find out what her role in their marriage will be.