7.15.2011

Dry spell...

We installed a rain barrel collection system last year. Our system consists of three 55 gallon barrels linked together. Last year we never had to use our city water to irrigate our garden. This spring was incredibly wet and it seemed like we would never be able to to use our rain barrels. For some reason the rainy weather went away and we haven't had rain for a very long time. I have drained my rain barrels and they have yet to fill up. For weeks I have had to use our city water to irrigate the garden and I hate it! Not only do I hate using city water on the garden but I hate paying for water that I usually get for free. In addition we are having to water our spot at the community garden with city water. At least we aren't being flooded out which was my fear for this year given the way it started out.