7.15.2011

Nerdy or organized?

 A friend of mine recently went on an organizational binge. She has decided that her life is disordered and that it is time to make some changes. She called herself "nerdy" when she looked at some of her organizational tactics. One thing she did was buy a bar code scanner. At first I thought she said she had purchased a receipt printer and couldn't for the life of me figure out why she had made such a purchase. She explained that she was using the bar code scanner to catalog her book collection and download the details to a computer file. I have to admit that I have never heard of anyone else doing a similar thing but I guess given the size of her book collection it makes some sense. Personally  this is not something I would spend time doing but if it works for her then more power to her. Between you and I it seems one step beyond alphabetizing your CD or record collection.