1.19.2011

Of the age....

Turning 40 has been interesting. It almost seems like this is age is a turning point. I feel like I have entered a special club or something. There are article written specifically for people over the age of 40. My doctor has special guidelines for women over the age of 40. I am now one of those lucky women who gets to have a mammogram each and every year. I don't mind doing this but it feels kind of weird to be of the "age". I have never felt any older that I did in my 20's. I suppose there are people who look at me and see a middle age women but I don't feel like that. I frequently run into people I went to high school with and wonder if I look as old as they do? I feel like I have so much life left to live and yet there are people who see me as having already lived half my life.