1.19.2011

I have a parrot.

Today has been one of those days where my children have been wearing on me just a little bit. You likely already know that I spend every day all day with my kids. I love them dearly but even I have a limit to how much I can tolerate before my patience wears thin. This day has left me wondering if I have a child or a parrot. Each and everything I say my older son has felt compelled to repeat. It wouldn't matter is I said "Diet pills fat burners" or told him to take his shower because the child would repeat it. I have actually wondered if I have been speaking a foreign language today. I know that he is just trying to process what I am saying and confirm what he heard. Typically I ignore all the repetition but I can tell you right now I cannot do this today. I think I need a couple of quiet hours to myself and it will all be okay.