12.01.2010

To the doctor ...

I might go to the doctor once a year total. Some years I don't go at all. I grew up with a parent who is a diagnosed hypochondriac. I am not talking about someone who complains all the time about their health. I am talking about someone who quite literally has several doctor's appointments a week for various imaginary illnesses. This has made me into a person who does not want to seek attention from the medical community. I realize this isn't always a good thing but it is what it is. I don't want to be associated with the qualities that made my childhood miserable. When I finally do go to the see the doctor it has to be for a very good reason. In two weeks I have an appointment for an a physical that is long overdue. I hope to at that appointment take care of everything that needs addressed in on swoop. It actually makes me anxious to even think about going to the doctor's. Would you believe I actually worked in a doctor's office for ten years and hold a doctorate in a medical field....