12.01.2010

The things you must do...

My oldest son is at the age where we have needed to have a few heart to heart talks. We have already had the "big talk" and are now moving onto more subtle issues. He is starting to mature and needs to realize that there are certain things that are non-negotiable in his life. He has to bathe every single day. He also has to use deoderent whether he wants to or not. I am continually telling him that his finger nail is not a recommended to cleaning his ears or his nose. He has a bit of time before we have to discuss how to remove blackheads but I know the day is coming. The child is right on the cusp of adolescence and still sees some issues related to hygiene as being optional. My job is to shift his opinion on these subject before someone else takes a much less gentle approach with him. I believe that getting him started early with these things will prevent any issues later or possible ridicule from other teenagers who can be ruthless.