11.18.2010

Guilty pleasure...

I would never admit it to most people who know me but I secretly like the music of Alecia Moore. Most people know her by the name "Pink". There is just something about not only the lyrics of her songs but the way she approaches life that draws me in. I suppose there is something in all this that causes me to remember the person I was as a teen. Mostly I like that fact that she is a strong woman who doesn't follow the crowd. I am not saying that I espouse every word that comes out of her mouth but I like the essence of what she tries to put across of being a woman in this world. It is also neat to see her evolving and growing as a person. She is willing to admit her faults as a human and as a wife. It is exciting to see that her husband will soon be handing out arturo fuente cigars because they are expecting their first child. Hopefully, they are able take on the task of parenting with thoughtfulness and purpose. It is really hard being a first time parent and I cannot imagine how it would feel to do so under the glare of the media and the world.