11.18.2010

In two days...

On the 20th of this month I will turn the big 4-0. I really cannot believe I am that old. I don't feel that old and I don't think my mind is that old. When I think about how I look I don't see the face of a woman who has lived half of her life. Maybe not exactly half because if everything works in my favor I wouldn't mind making it past 80 year of age. I would like to think that my life is not half over and that I have tons of good stuff to look forward to. There really seems to be a point, for me, when birthdays become irrelevant. I don't feel like the number represents who I am. Inside I am continually growing and evolving rather than fading and dying as the image of aging often evokes. I would like to think I am becoming a better version of myself with the passing of time.