11.21.2010

It shouldn't bother me but...

Yesterday was my 40th birthday. For the most part it passed without event of incident. My husband gave me a very lovely birthday card and left me to spend the day as I wished. My Facebook page was brimming with good wishes from friends far and wide. My youngest brother sent me a lovely and unexpected gift card. I was happy with the day. Birthdays used to bother me immensely. I try very hard to no longer let those feelings invade my day. Honestly, I just want to get the day over and move on. I will say however that I am feeling a wee bit irked as usual at my parents. Specifically, my mother. I shouldn't be angry because her behavior is nothing new. Essentially she totally ignores my birthday. There isn't a card nor a call nor anything. She started this business when I was a child. She would put a boxed cake on the counter and tell me if I wanted a cake that I should bake it myself. I am her only child who gets this special treatment. My brother's both get calls and cakes. She even mails stuff to my younger brother. Me - I don't warrant this. Why, I don't know...