10.16.2010

They are learning...

One of the things I love about cyber schools is the diversity of learning opportunities they offer children of all ages. My older son has been able to take a foreign language course since kindergarten and is currently taking middle school Spanish. Our youngest son is in a kindergarten program for four year old children in a different cyber school. He is already taking Spanish. Between the two of them I often feel like I am living in another country because there is so much Spanish being spoken. My older son is actually becoming fairly conversant in the language. He says stuff to me that I have no clue as to what he is saying. For all I know he is telling me that he wants me to buy him some sancho panza products or let him get a tattoo. My hope is that having learned a language at a young age that it will stick with them longer that my high school language courses did. I have to believe that learning a language at a younger age is easy than waiting until you are almost and adult.