9.17.2010

Good for us?

Earlier this week we brought home, from the butcher, a side of beef that we had ordered. This was beef that we had ordered early last spring and had anxiously anticipated getting. Typically we aren't huge beef eaters. This beef however has promised to be very good for us because it was entirely grass fed and naturally grown. Supposedly this type of beef is lower in fat and has more nutritional benefits than typical grain fed beef. I am hoping that these promises hold true and I don't find myself needing to take diet pills because I have eaten so much beef that I wouldn't have normally eaten. I would like to hope that everything we read about this type of beef is true but you never know. For all I really know the beef was raised no differently from any other cow on a typical farm.