6.05.2010

Peachy goodness.

Tomorrow I embark on a new learning experience. I will be attempting to can food for the first time. I very much want to be able to put away most of our food for the coming year. Today, on a whim, I stopped at a roadside stand and bought a half bushel of very overpriced peaches. I am planning on spending tomorrow trying my hand at canning them. My husband loves canned peaches and I would to be able to supply him with home prepared peaches. There is something satisfying about knowing that the food you are eating was homemade in some small way. I really think or hope that my family can taste the emotion that goes into this food. I don't know if that is true but my imagination wants to believe that one day they will talk about the love in the food I prepared and put away. My biggest worry is that something goes wrong and all the food and supplies I have bought end up spoiled or for naught.