6.02.2010

Finally a break ...

The heat here in the northeast has been unbelievable for this early in the year. Our temperatures usually do not reach the 90's until August. It is so humid that it feels like your energy is sapped upon waking. Today is the first day that the temperatures have dropped and breathing is a bit easier. The pollen levels have been so great that my allergies are going crazy. I have almost questioned whether we need some sort of home ventilation system or not. My older son has asthma and I have just a touch. Both of us start wheezing when the pollen is this bad and the humidity only adds to it. I can't imagine how really bad asthmatic cope in this type of weather and whatnot. I can understand why people move to the desert or wherever it is that you go to get away from difficult breathing environments. We are fortunate that our allergies and asthma are not more severe than they are.