6.02.2010

Living life.

There was a time when I worried what my yard looked like and dreamed about having perfect landscaping. I wanted that yard where everything looked just right and it blended in with the other perfectly manicured yards in the neighborhood. I no longer care. This isn't to say I am going to let the grass grow or allow the weeds to take over. The reality is that having a yard full of green grass serves no purpose. A yard that is producing food is purposeful and meaning full to our family. It means that there will be less food we have to buy at the store. Growing food as opposed to growing grass is our new family hobby. If I could I would throw up a chicken coup and a couple of bee hives. I realize this is not for everyone and there are people who think it is crazy to do this sort of thing. I can honestly say I have never felt more at peace with life than right now. I wouldn't change a thing.