6.05.2010

It should be interesting.

Tomorrow night I am taking my son to a birthday party. This doesn't sound like an out of the ordinary experience but I expect it will be. All of the people invited to the party home school their children. Many do not believe in conventional medicine and all try to eat natural and organic diets. I am taking guesses that the topic of conversation while the children play will not be diet pills that work or anything mainstream. Several of the families are very strict in what they do and do not allow their children to see, hear, or do. We are somewhat liberal in what we allow our children to experience. This always makes for interesting conversation when one of my children mentions something from mainstream culture. My standpoint continues to be that I am going to be who I am around them and that either they accept me or they don't. This holds true for my children as well.