3.21.2010

What a month!

More than a month has passed since my husband was hit by a driver who fell asleep at the wheel. He is just days away from getting the cast off his leg. I honestly believe I have learned more about the differences between the most expensive and cheapest car insurance since the accident than I ever wanted to know. I am so thankful that we are going to be getting back to some sense of normalcy. It has been hard having to handle just about every household task imaginable on my own. The experience kind of gives me some idea how the life of a single parent must feel. I know that my husband is physically here but there have been so many things that he is unable to do. I now have a different appreciation for all the little and big chores my husband has been doing around the house for all of these years. The two things I really appreciate him doing are changing the cat pans and carrying the laundry up the basement to the third floor!