3.23.2010

That is not right!

Since I have been in my twenties I have always colored or highlighted my hair. My normal hair color is just not a very attractive shade. It is a mousy blonde color. A couple of months ago I decided the time had come to get back to my "roots" . I dyed my hair a color that was as close to my natural color as possible. Yesterday, for the first time I spotted what are clearly gray hairs on my head! I have lived in denial that I have any gray hairs for a very long time. I have secretly told myself that I will not ever need the best wrinkle cream or anything like that because I look the same as I did in my twenties. This sounds silly I realize but we all tell ourselves things that aren't true. I know people who insist that they "can't cook" or that cigarettes are harmful. Other people say they are safe to drive and talk on the phone or text. I feel my little lies hard no one and allow me to believe I am as young as I feel. Seeing those gray hairs brought me one step closer to admitting that I am not 25 years old anymore but have one foot one the edge of being 40.