3.23.2010

Picking.

We watched a show on television the other night about people who compulsively pick at their skin. It was really quite intriguing to learn about because I had never considered this as a compulsive behavior. After watching the show I cannot imagine what type of acne scar removal these people will need if they ever get control of their compulsions. I am someone who get driven crazy when I have a clearly obvious pimple but these folks see things that just aren't there. One woman said she can spend 6-8 hours a day picking at her face. I never cease to be amazed at the infinite variety of human problems that exist. This problem is as perplexing to me as the people we used to watch who hoarded everything and anything they could get their hands on. I will say that watching shows like that always leave me feeling somehow more normal that when I started watching.