3.16.2010

Get those kids up and moving.

It is concerning to think that we are possibly raising most overweight generation of children ever. I can't fathom what the future holds for all of the kids unless we as their parents make serious changes. Does the future hold a life of diabetic socks and insulin shots? There are so many parents out there that just accept that their kids are a little overweight and tell themselves it will all be okay. The reality is that we need to hold ourselves accountable today and make changes for our families that promote healthy and active lifestyles. I see my own children wanting to mindlessly snack out of boredom and I now say let's play Wii Fit or go for a walk. I now look back on all the years I struggled with my own weight and will do everything possible to help my children learn to make healthy choices.