3.23.2010

Amish is a compliment.

It has occurred to me over the last few weeks that people might find my drive to become more self-sufficient a little strange. The truth is that I don't really care if they do. I like knowing that we eat wholesome food and know exactly where it came from. I enjoy knowing that I no longer have to turn to things like phosphacore or other diet wonders to keep my weight under control. Having a very hands on approach to food gives you a very different perspective on what you put into your mouth. Nothing from the store tastes as amazing as real food does. I love coffee but realize that store bought coffee tastes like dirt compared to beans I roast myself. Yogurt made from fresh milk is like a dessert as compared to the overly sweet and syrupy stuff at the store. So, go ahead and call me "Amish" because I love it. I won't be dressing plain any time soon but I will be eating slow food and feeling amazing.