3.23.2010

Explain it to me.

Since the passing of the health care reform bill I have been trying to get up to speed on what it all means. Everything I read seems to give this very vague overview of the details. I am particularly concerned for what this might mean for my mother who is about to retire next year. My folks never had a lot "extra" when we were growing up and therefore didn't plan a whole lot for this stage of their lives. I think they have always counted on Medicare to take care of their health needs and now that seems to be an uncertain thing. I wish I understood more about what the reform will do not only to folks like them but families like ours who live modestly. I can't say that I have a strong opinion on the reform bill because everything seems to be so fluid and changing from day to day. One day I like what I hear and on another I am disgusted.