2.24.2010

Joyous man.

I believe that today is the happiest that I have seen my husband in a long time. The last time I remember a smile on his face this big was after the birth of our first son. I still remember him handing out what looked like Davidoff cigars to everyone and anyone to celebrate the birth of our son. Today, my husband went to the doctor for a follow-up appointment from his car accident. He was able to have his hard cast removed and now has a softer and lighter type of cast. The old cast bothered him so much that he would wake up in the middle of the night in a panic because he could not get comfortable. I finally convinced him to take some of his pain pills just to allow him to relax and get a decent night of sleep. He wiggled and tossed so much that I didn't get any sleep which made me miserable. I am really hoping that he finds sleeping tonight as restful as he thinks it will be.