1.29.2010

So very aware.

It never ceases to amaze how comfortable my children are with technology. I remember the first time I touched a computer and the first time I used the internet. My kids think of computers in the same way that I think of the toaster. These are just items that belong in our house and are nothing spectacular. My 3 year old is even more aware of the computer than his 10 year old brother was at the same age. The little guy wakes up and tells me that we need to log onto the laptop and check out PBS! He knows which buttons to press and can use a mouse with surprising accuracy. Sometimes this concerns me but for the most part I realize that the world is only going to become more and more dependent on technology. Children today don't live in the world I grew up in and nothing is going to change that.