1.29.2010

I loathe cartoons....

You know those cute kids cartoons that everyone likes so much? Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry, etc. It's so cute when the kids are laughing so hard while watching them, but I'm a nervous wreck when I see what they are watching. And I seem to be the only one who thinks this way.

When I was younger, my little brother almost ran off a cliff while we were hiking at Zion's. He thought he would just slide down the cliff and pop back up like the roadrunner or whoever it was on Looney Tunes. Luckily, my older brother caught him near the edge of the cliff as he was running towards it. I've been paranoid ever since...

So anyway, DH just brought home Tom & Jerry from the library and they are watching it right now. All the blowing each other up, cutting each other, smashing hammers on heads, SHOOTING each other, etc. makes me nervous because the cartoon characters are just fine after. Won't this make a child think he can do it to someone else and it will be FUNNY instead of DEADLY? PLEASE tell me I'm too paranoid and that this won't happen.