6.26.2013

Treading lightly...

Have you ever made a new friend that you weren't completely sure you wanted to get to know really well? I am a person who trusts my gut and it usually steers me in the right direction. My son has made friends with a kid in our neighborhood and he is really a nice kid. There are certain things that the child's mother says when we chat that set off bells in my head. I wonder about the relationship between the parents in the house and what exactly is going on there. I also am not sure if I want my child exposed to a home where everyone might not being treated as well as they could or should be. The mother seems like a super woman but I wonder if she might be a second class citizen in her home. I just need to feel them out really well before committing to a deeper friendship. It isn't that I don't want to help someone or befriend them but I also need to think about how knowing them might impact my family.