6.26.2013

No plans...

I was talking this week with another home schooling parent about what our children want to do in the future. I have always looked forward with the idea that my children will want to go to college. My friend on the other hand thinks college is a waste of time and has raised her children with that attitude. She said her daughter has no further educational plans after high school and plans to go into musical theater. She talked all about their recent purchase of a and paying for ongoing piano lessons for her daughter. I try to wrap my head around this way of thinking but I struggle. They don't push their children to really learn in school and barely getting by is good enough. I really think that even if you don't go to college and pursue a music career that having a solid education is a good thing. It seems like every day we hear about some famous musician who had and lost it all and can't do anything except make music.I really think people need to broaden their horizons as much as possible and not limit themselves.