6.01.2012

Planning for canning...

Last year I canned over 800 jars of food. Last week I took a tally of how many jars I have left and what we will need in the coming year. I realized that we have used about half of what I put away last year which is fine. Canned food lasts for a couple of years under ideal conditions which means I won't have to can nearly as much this year. If you find this boring you could always click here to read about something else but canning is what is on my mind right now. One thing I know we will need a bunch of is strawberry lemonade concentrate. I made this for the first time last year and we absolutely loved it. I am planning on canning at least 48 quarts of it this year because the 12 quarts I made last year were not nearly enough. Have you ever canned anything that your family just couldn't get enough of?