11.23.2011

Shopping for clothes...

This week I bought myself the first new piece of clothing I have purchased in probably a year. Most of my clothes are things I had had or have purchased at a thrift store. I simply am not drawn to shopping for new clothes like I once was. In fact I would wear medical uniforms at home if it weren't for looking odd to my neighbors. I simply like to be comfortable. Working from home and home schooling creates a situation where I don't have a need for a bunch of special clothes. I supposed one could argue that dressing nice is important for your self esteem even when you are just sitting at home. Either way I am happy with my wardrobe as it stands. My purchase this week was out of need rather than desire which is an important differentiation. It does help that I absolutely love the new sweater I purchased even though it likely won't leave the house much.