11.23.2011

Baking ....

At the end of last month my husband and I gave up grains, sugar, and dairy. We invoke a paleo lifestyle in terms of our diet. Since that time I have felt wonderful! The first week was touchy but I now feel amazing. I no longer hurt in various parts of my body and my mind is so clear. Today, I was forced to do some baking for Thanksgiving and it felt a bit weird. What was cool is that I felt no need to taste anything I was making. Normally I test things as I cook out of a habit or simply craving those things. Today I baked scads of bread which is typically a sure fire problem for me in terms of not eating it but I didn't have any. It smells wonderful but it doesn't tempt me at all. I know that it is awful for my body and that I will regret eating it so I didn't. The scale may not show it tomorrow but that is progress in my mind.