6.22.2011

Simple living...

Over the last couple of years we have dramatically changed our lifestyle. I have tried to explain this to people who are not familiar with the things we have been doing but it never seems to make sense to them. Some people see our changes as becoming "hippies" whereas others see it as homesteading. The reality is that we have basically simplified our lives. We rely less on modern ways of doing things and more on "old school" ways. These ways often end up being frugal or "green" along the way. I like not needing the newest thing on the market to do a task for me. I like using a retro way to accomplish the same thing and the pride I feel in using my own hands and head to do so. I really love not relying on big box stores or supermarkets to feed my family. I guess that no one will ever get what we are doing until they wrap their heads around our reasons for these changes. Everyone will see our lives via their own perspective which will always skew our reality to them.