5.05.2011

Tough love...

This week I had to make some tough decisions in regards to the behavior of my children. One of them had taken to lying to me and the other was just being disrespectful. These are new behaviors for them. To me this signifies something that is impacting their view of the world. My suspicion is that this influence is in fact too much television. We don't have cable or satellite but we do have Netflix and a Roku. These services give them almost the same programming choices as they would have if we had a regular television service. For the next month or so our family will be forgoing these services in an attempt to see if the attitudes in this house improve. The problem is that if they do improve how will I then either permanently suspend television or reintroduce it to them? Both send a backwards message...