5.21.2011

Surprises...

Next month I will celebrate 20 years of marriage to my wonderful husband. There are so many things I love about him. One thing I really love is that he does little things for his family without being asked. He is forever surprising myself and the children with little things that he thinks we will enjoy. Often these are things he picks up at thrift stores for next to nothing. Today he came home with a nearly new FoodSaver for me. He knew that I had my eye on a version different from the one I have but couldn't justify buying a new one. At the thrift store he found exactly what I had been looking for. This item needed a little cleaning but was in great working condition and it cost him less than $2.00. A new version of this vacuum system would have cost us around $100.00! At the same time he picked up a clip on tie that he thought our younger son would love to use for dress up. For very little money he brought home two great gifts and made smiles all around.