5.21.2011

Gardening season...

Last summer I had no clue what I was doing when it came to gardening. We built a raised garden bed and put plants in it without a thought as to the weather. Over the last year I spent every spare minute reading about gardening and educating myself about growing certain vegetables. I am almost to the point where I feel like not knowing anything is better than having a clue. Today planted the majority of our backyard garden and I can't help but worry. Will the plants survive? Will the season be a wash because of all the rain? This year is harder because we are depending on our garden in a larger way than we did last year. Last season we were happy with whatever we got. This year we really want to produce most of our produce and not have to buy it at the farmer's market.