5.05.2011

Entertainment...

I believe that when you give a child a consequence that you need to follow through with it. I took television privileges away from my older son for a month at the beginning of this week. He needed a fairly stiff consequence for repeatedly lying to me about having done his school work. It is only a week into his punishment and I am already quite sure I need bellaplexbecause the child is giving me wrinkles. It seems like every five minutes he is asking me if we can do this or that. I can't keep a consistent stream of thought going because he keeps dinging me for something. I am trying very hard to be patient but I need him to entertain himself for a bit without asking me to help him with a project. I can see why people tell you not to give a consequence without completely considering what you are saying. I think this punishment is worse on him than it is on me.