12.01.2010

Help me through...

My children are beyond excited about Christmas. I would have to say they are in a tizzy about the holiday. This morning we awoke to a snow covered yard that has lingered into the night. My youngest son immediately exclaimed upon seeing the snow that Christmas was indeed coming. It was as if the snow was the confirmation he needed that the holidays would indeed happen again this year. I don't know what I am going to do with them for the next 24 days if they don't calm down. It is very likely that Santa will need to bring me some anti wrinkle creams because I am sure to age between now and Christmas morning. It was all I could do today to get them to focus on their schoolwork because they couldn't stop looking outside at the falling snow. I love their excitement because that is what childhood is all about. Wonderment at the world is something precious. I just wished they could contain it long enough to get through the school day. I cannot imagine how a teacher in a regular school manages to contain a classroom full of kids that are all dreaming about Christmas morning.