11.02.2010

Busy little boy...

Our children both have laptop computers and all-in-one printers. These are provided to them by the cyber charter schools that they attend. I was a bit surprised when my 4 year old received his equipment in the mail this year because it is really top of the line equipment. I sort of anticipated that young students would be issued used equipment or something returned by older students but they are not. At the time my 4 year old had not really used a computer very much. I anticipated a much steeper learning curve to become familiar with the equipment than he ended up experiencing. He now knows how to do everything from turning the computer on to using the printer for full color printing tasks. I have to laugh at the differences between my childhood educational environment and that of my children. The biggest technological advancement I remember having was "Pong" game. My children would laugh if they could see such a game today.