5.15.2010

The quest...

Good coffee is something I dearly appreciate. There are not many things that I require in my diet but coffee is definitely one of them. I never realized what a coffee snob I had become until about 6 months ago. There was a time when I thought that Gevalia coffee or Starbuck's was what it took to make good coffee. Over time I have realized that good coffee is not bitter and does not taste like cigarette butts. We have since learned how to roast our own green coffee beans. Truly fresh roasted coffee beans have a flavor that you cannot appreciate through words. Good coffee doesn't need flavorings or tons of sugar and cream to be palatable. We now have a great source for green coffee beans and a home roasting method. I believe we have finally found a method for making really hot and good coffee by using a filter basket that fits on a thermal carafe. We place our filter and beans into the basket and then add boiling water to the basket. The resulting coffee is really hot and full of flavor. The coffee stays hot for hours and there is no nasty coffee maker to perpetually clean.