5.20.2010

Dirty piglets.

We worked in the garden tonight as a family. This is always a fun event with children. My older son managed to pull up all of my squash and an entire row of beans because he thought they were weeds. We did manage to replant the rows with new seeds and hopefully they grow. The boys were sweaty and dirty when it was all said and done. They also managed to accidentally get in front of the hose while I was watering the garden. The way they looked afterward made me wish we had one of those walk in tubs in our downstairs bathroom. It isn't fun getting to sopping wet and muddy kids all the way from the third floor to the first without creating a trail of sloppy foot prints. Despite loosing my plants it is so good to see my kids learning where food really comes from and how to grow it themselves.