4.16.2010

Frugal living.

Over the years we have become increasingly frugal in how and where we spend our money. There was a time when I loved shopping for more and more stuff. I would come up with reasons to justify buying new stuff to decorate the house or even urban clothes. If you asked me why I spent so much time shopping I would tell you that it was because we needed this stuff. As I have gotten older and my priorities have shifted it has become clearer what we really need and what we don't in order to be happy. I have actually found that having less stuff and a more minimalistic lifestyle makes me happier. I love knowing exactly where my things are. It is nice to be able to go to an exact spot in the closet or attic and automatically find what I need without shifting through countless other things we don't use. People may find this odd but I don't care because it works for us.