12.10.2009

He won't do it.

Okay, if you are going to tell me you potty trained your child in two days please don't read any more of this post. I really need advice from someone who has had a similar situation as me. My little boy is almost 3 1/2. At the beginning of Oct. I started potty training him, and it's been a roller coaster of success and regression since then. He has a really hard time getting his BM's in the toilet because he is embarrassed and just wants to run away and hide. He won't ever tell me he needs to go pee I just have to take him every 2 hours. I've read everything there is to read about potty training we've tried every trick in the book, but I'm really tired of being the one who is potty trained since I have to take him to the potty every time.
I know that it really is up to him now-he needs to be the one to do it. So my question is is there a trick to get him to tell me, or do I just put him back in diapers or pull-ups? I really don't know how to proceed, I just know I can't keep doing what we're currently doing or I'm going to go crazy. It just makes me sick to think about putting him back in diapers and undoing everything we've done. Please words of advice from people who have been here!