5.06.2009

Electric savings.

What are you doing to save on electricity? By unplugging everything, when I am not using it, and using ( 1 ) window unit, my electric bill runs about $69.00 per month. We have a gas hot water heater, gas range and gas dryer. The gas bill is about $20.00 per month. I keep the air at 78, the whole house stays cool......our attic isn't insulated and the windows are all loose. Its a really old house. Our advantage is we have the entire home, surrounded with huge old trees, which keeps the house cool during the hottest part of the day. There is one spot in the driveway where the sun actually shines all day, thats out by the street. I only turn the tv on in the evening when hubby's home, I was about 1-2 loads per day. We have 3 freezers and a dishwasher, I only run the dishwasher 1 time per day, thats in the evening after 5pm when the electric rates go down. I do the laundry after 9pm when the rates are even lower here. Just a few ways that I save...