1.16.2009

Tackling sugar.

I have to get my eating habits back where they were two years ago. Lately I've been eating everything in sight. Sugar triggers a lot of cravings for me- for carbs as well as sweets, so that's where I'm starting. I will allow myself 1/2 Tbs of honey in my cup of coffee (or two!) and once in a while we get really good ice cream for a treat, but the random snacking is killing me- I've been eating chocolate like every day and my portions are getting bigger! I've even been drinking juice (even though it's a natural sugar, it's waaay too concentrated- a real sugar overload). So far it's been two days. well, a day and a half- yesterday morning I finished off my altoids! Last night I was having some cravings, but so far today is okay. I'm making some plain popcorn for a snack just to satisfy my urge to "munch". I know some people say it's too extreme to cut something out completely, but I know that I don't have the ability to moderate right now and I need to get it out of my system.