11.28.2008

Seriously, I need to quit.

In the past few days I have made so many dinner rolls and cookies it is ridiculous. I just looked down and realized I don't know where my engagement rings or wedding band are! In all likely hood they are sitting on the window sill next to my mixer but I really should go look. Whenever I knead dough I take my rings off to keep things sanitary. The result is I often forget for days to put them back on. So far this has not been an issue but I worry that one day they won't be where I "think" I left them. This happened one other time about 15 years ago and my rings ended up getting sucked up by the vacuum and almost destroyed when my husband later burnt the vacuum bag with the burnable trash. You would think that would have taught me a lesson but here I sit without my rings.