3.02.2014

Bragging...

Last week I took my children to a homeschool event. We don't usually attend these because to be honest most of the homeschool families we have met are unusual and make me feel uncomfortable. I don't mean to sound rude but am simply being honest. At this event they asked that the parents remain in a "parent lounge" while the children attended the event. So, I spent 6 hours in a small room with about ten other home school moms. I learned more about their children than I ever wanted to and said less than two words about my own. I came away from the event knowing that one child has aguitar and is taking lessons three times a week. This child, according to her mother, is destined to be on television and is skilled beyond belief. I know every performance she has been in during the last year and even got to see a video of one. I doubt this woman left the event even know my name. It was strange and I am so glad I rarely attend events like that. At least my children enjoyed themselves.