4.16.2013

Stereotypes...

I am a home schooling mom. I know there is a stereotype about people who home school and I feel that the stereotype is wrong in a number of cases. I don't have some religious reason for home schooling and didn't come to it as a first choice. I am not trying to protect my kids from the world nor am I fighting the system. I really find nothing in the stereotype that I identify with. The home schooling stereotype is about as foreign to me as the topic of raleigh creditor rights bankruptcy lawyers. My children are socialized and active in various groups with their peers. I don't feel that you would pick us out of a crowd as a family that home schools. I do wish that people would see home schooling as simply an option that fits some families in a way that public school does not.