9.26.2012

Nearly done...

In just under a week my mother will be officially retired. She has worked at the same nursing home for almost 30 years. Over that time she has see so many changes in the way healthcare is provided. I am not talking about just simple things like nursing staff switching from wearing white dresses to maternity scrubs or regular scrubs. What I am talking about is everything from the basics of medical care to patient rights. The decision to retire did not come easily for her because after thirty years her co-workers are pretty much like family. I am just glad she is now going to be able to do some of the things she wants to do and won't be working so hard. I hope to throw her a small retirement party in the weeks to come to let her know we appreciate her working so hard all those years.